Saturday, March 10, 2007

Wedding Vows


Here are our wedding vows. They were inspired by the Bible, in particular the Song of Songs and Ephesians Chapter 5.

Duarte:
Behold, you are beautiful, my love, behold, you are beautiful!

You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have ravished my heart with one glance of your eyes,

It is in the presence of God and these witnesses that I, Duarte, in Love, bind myself to you, Heather, in all circumstances. For better, for worse. For richer for poorer, in sickness and in health.
Yes, I vow my life to you. I vow to serve you, protect you, support you and carry you all the days of my life..

I vow to value and nurture all facets of our love. Our friendship, our intimacy, and our undying devotion.

You are my new Jerusalem in human form. You are my precious inheritance.

You are mine and my desire is for you ( SOS 7:10)

Set me therefore, as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is as strong as death.
I am jealous for your love with jealousy as relentless as the grave.
My love burns like a blazing fire, yes it burns, It is the very flame of the Lord.

Heather:

You are fairest among ten thousand. You are the one my heart desires.

It is in the presence of God and these witnesses that I, Heather, in Love, bind myself to you, Duarte, in all circumstances. For better, for worse. For richer for poorer, in sickness and in health.

Yes, I vow my life to you. I vow to serve you, respect you, support you and honor you all the days of my life.

I vow to value and nurture all facets of our love. Our friendship, our intimacy, and our undying devotion.

You are my lover, my leader, and my friend.
I am yours and I know that your desire is for me( SOS 7:10)

I will set you as a seal upon my heart, as a seal upon my arm,
for love is as strong as death.
Many waters cannot quench this love, floods cannot drown it.
I will go with you to the ends of the earth.
I am ready to arise, for I am yours and you are mine.

No comments: