Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tora sa...so little!

All the women in Sultanabad are quite concerned about my hair. Tora sa? So little! Here the men like long, black, straight and shiny hair. Most women keep their hair at least to their waists, even if it’s graying and getting straggly. They wonder, why is my hair so short when I am getting married in a few months? My poor mehengator (fiancĂ©) will surely be disappointed. Maybe I’ve cut it since we got engaged and he doesn’t know.

I try telling them that in America most women don’t keep such long hair and that I thought mine was actually quite long. Five years ago I cut off 12 inches and donated it to Locks of Love, and I’ve been growing it out ever since. I think it would take me ten years to grow it as long as theirs (maybe 15) but I’m sure I’d get fed up and sick of having such long hair by then anyway.

No comments: